The history of renal transplantation in Canada: A urologic perspective
Keywords:Canadian, kidney transplantation, urology, history
While the urologist’s involvement in kidney transplantation varies from center to center and country to country, urologists remain integral to many programs across Canada. From the early days of kidney transplant to contemporary times, the leadership, vision, and skillset of Canadian urologists have helped progress the field. In this review of Canadian urologists’ role in kidney transplantation, the achievements of this professional group are highlighted and celebrated. Original contributors to the field, as well as notable achievements are highlighted, with a focus on the impact of Canadian urologists.
How to Cite
You, the Author(s), assign your copyright in and to the Article to the Canadian Urological Association. This means that you may not, without the prior written permission of the CUA:
- Post the Article on any Web site
- Translate or authorize a translation of the Article
- Copy or otherwise reproduce the Article, in any format, beyond what is permitted under Canadian copyright law, or authorize others to do so
- Copy or otherwise reproduce portions of the Article, including tables and figures, beyond what is permitted under Canadian copyright law, or authorize others to do so.
The CUA encourages use for non-commercial educational purposes and will not unreasonably deny any such permission request.
You retain your moral rights in and to the Article. This means that the CUA may not assert its copyright in such a way that would negatively reflect on your reputation or your right to be associated with the Article.
The CUA also requires you to warrant the following:
- That you are the Author(s) and sole owner(s), that the Article is original and unpublished and that you have not previously assigned copyright or granted a licence to any other third party;
- That all individuals who have made a substantive contribution to the article are acknowledged;
- That the Article does not infringe any proprietary right of any third party and that you have received the permissions necessary to include the work of others in the Article; and
- That the Article does not libel or violate the privacy rights of any third party.