The deep vein thrombosis caused by lymphocele after endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy and pelvic lymph node dissection
Pelvic lymphocele is a postoperative complications than can result
after endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy and pelvic
lymph node dissection. Radical prostatectomy have many risk factors
of deep vein thrombosis including location of target organ,
malignancy, old age, Trendelenburg position, pelvic lymph node
dissection, and long procedure time. A 57-year-old man with a
localized prostate cancer was treated with endoscopic extraperitoneal
radical prostatectomy and pelvic lymph node dissection. Deep
vein thrombosis was detected as a first sign of pelvic lymphocele.
Lymphocele was managed with a percutaneous drainage without
sclerosant. We report a case of deep vein thrombosis due to pelvic
lymphocele after endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy.
How to Cite
You, the Author(s), assign your copyright in and to the Article to the Canadian Urological Association. This means that you may not, without the prior written permission of the CUA:
- Post the Article on any Web site
- Translate or authorize a translation of the Article
- Copy or otherwise reproduce the Article, in any format, beyond what is permitted under Canadian copyright law, or authorize others to do so
- Copy or otherwise reproduce portions of the Article, including tables and figures, beyond what is permitted under Canadian copyright law, or authorize others to do so.
The CUA encourages use for non-commercial educational purposes and will not unreasonably deny any such permission request.
You retain your moral rights in and to the Article. This means that the CUA may not assert its copyright in such a way that would negatively reflect on your reputation or your right to be associated with the Article.
The CUA also requires you to warrant the following:
- That you are the Author(s) and sole owner(s), that the Article is original and unpublished and that you have not previously assigned copyright or granted a licence to any other third party;
- That all individuals who have made a substantive contribution to the article are acknowledged;
- That the Article does not infringe any proprietary right of any third party and that you have received the permissions necessary to include the work of others in the Article; and
- That the Article does not libel or violate the privacy rights of any third party.