Case – Recurrent incarcerated inguinal bladder hernia with small bowel obstruction
Primatesta P, Goldacre MJ. Inguinal hernia repair: Incidence of elective and emergency surgery, readmission and mortality. Int J Epidemiol 1996;25(4):835-39.
Magnusson J, Gustafsson U, Nygren J, et al. Rates of and methods used at reoperation for recurrence after primary inguinal hernia repair with Prolene Hernia System and Lichtenstein. Hernia 2018;22(3):439-44.
Ramjist J, Dossa F, Stukel T, et al. Reoperation for inguinal hernia recurrence in Ontario: A population-based study. Hernia 2018.
Moufid K, Touiti D, Mohamed L. Inguinal bladder hernia: Four case analyses. Rev Urol 2013;15(1):32-6.
Oruç MT, Akbulut Z, Özozan Ö, et al. Urological findings in inguinal hernias: A case report and review of the literature. Hernia 2004;8(1):76-79.
Bisharat M, O’Donnell ME, Thompson T, et al. Complications of inguinoscrotal bladder hernias: A case series. Hernia 2009;13(1):81-84.
Wagner AA, Arcand P, Bamberger MH. Acute renal failure resulting from huge inguinal bladder hernia. Urology 2004;64(1):156–57.
Vindlacheruvu RR, Zayyan K, Burgess NA, et al. Extensive bladder infarction in a strangulated inguinal hernia. Br J Urol 1996;77(6):926–27.
Hellerstein H, Sacks M, Hellerstein K. Obstructive uropathy from complete bladder and bilateral ureteral incarceration within an inguinal hernia. BMJ Case Rep 2018.
Taskovska M, Janež J. Inguinal hernia containing urinary bladder—A case report. Int J Surg Case Rep 2017;(40):36-38.
François J, Defoort B, Muysoms F. Complicated inguino-scrotal bladder hernia: A case of two-step repair. Acta Chir Belg 2017;117(2):122-24.
Cetrulo N, Harmon J, Ortiz J, et al. Case report of a robotic-assisted laparoscopic repair of a giant incarcerated recurrent inguinal hernia containing bladder and ureters. Int J Med Robot 2015;11(1):15-17.
Manfredelli S, Zitelli A, Pontone S, et al. An inguinal bladder diverticulum - Case report of a rare finding in a recurrent inguinal hernia. Ann Ital Chir 2012.
Helleman N, Willemsen P, Vanderveken M, et al. Incarcerated vesico-inguinal hernia: A case report. Acta Chir Belg 2009;109(6):815-17.
Huerta S, Fairbanks T, Cinat M. Incarcerated vesicoinguinal hernia presenting with gross hematuria. J Am Coll Surg 2005;201(6):922-23.
Manikandan R, Burke Y, Srirangam S, et al. Vesicocutaneous fistula: An unusual complication of inguinoscrotal hernia. Int J Urol 2003;10(12):667-68.
Neulander E, Kaneti J, Klain J, et al. Obstructive uropathy secondary to inguinal bladder hernia: Case report and review of the literature. Can J Urol 2007;14(6):3761-63.
Habib A. A rare case of inguinal hernia with complete bladder herniation. Case Rep Surg 2017:4658169.
You, the Author(s), assign your copyright in and to the Article to the Canadian Urological Association. This means that you may not, without the prior written permission of the CUA:
- Post the Article on any Web site
- Translate or authorize a translation of the Article
- Copy or otherwise reproduce the Article, in any format, beyond what is permitted under Canadian copyright law, or authorize others to do so
- Copy or otherwise reproduce portions of the Article, including tables and figures, beyond what is permitted under Canadian copyright law, or authorize others to do so.
The CUA encourages use for non-commercial educational purposes and will not unreasonably deny any such permission request.
You retain your moral rights in and to the Article. This means that the CUA may not assert its copyright in such a way that would negatively reflect on your reputation or your right to be associated with the Article.
The CUA also requires you to warrant the following:
- That you are the Author(s) and sole owner(s), that the Article is original and unpublished and that you have not previously assigned copyright or granted a licence to any other third party;
- That all individuals who have made a substantive contribution to the article are acknowledged;
- That the Article does not infringe any proprietary right of any third party and that you have received the permissions necessary to include the work of others in the Article; and
- That the Article does not libel or violate the privacy rights of any third party.